Introduction to Shawl Design-January 26th 10-1:00
January 26 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- For adventurous knitters looking to expand their skills, and get creative! This class explains key shawl shapes, and how to make them your own with stitch patterns and custom design details.
- We’ll share tips for shawl knitting: stretchy cast ons and bind offs, and increase and edging options for decorative and functional purposes.
- We’ll talk about yarn choices and fabrics, how to use multiple colours, and stitch patterns that work for variegated yarns.
- Students leave with a set of pattern templates and the confidence and knowledge to start customizing and creating their own designs.
- Skill level: knitters must have made a few shawls, and have some lace skill.
- Materials required: scrap light-coloured medium-weight yarn and 4-5mm/US # 6-8 needles paper and pencil, calculator/app, patterns for any designs you want to adapt or alter, stitch patterns they wish to use, sketches or notes on design ideas
- Maximum number of students: 12
length: 3 hours